Short Stories in Irish for Beginners
John Murray Press, Teach Yourself
Short Stories in Irish for Beginners has been written especially for students from high-beginner to low-intermediate level, designed to give a sense of achievement, a feeling of progress and most importantly – enjoyment! Mapped to A1-B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for languages, these eight captivating stories are designed to give you a sense of achievement and a feeling of progress when reading.
The book is written in standard Irish. The audio recording of this standard Irish text is by a native Irish speaker from Connemara.
What does this book give you?
– Eight stories in a variety of exciting genres, from science fiction and crime to history and thriller – making reading fun, while you learn a wide range of new vocabulary
– Controlled language at your level to help you progress confidently
– Realistic spoken dialogues to help you learn conversational expressions and improve your speaking ability
– Accessible grammar so you learn new structures naturally, in a stress-free way
– Pleasure! Research shows that if you’re enjoying reading in a foreign language, you won’t experience the usual feelings of frustration – ‘It’s too hard!’ ‘I don’t understand!’
Carefully curated to make learning a new language easy, these stories include key features that will support and consolidate your progress, including:
– A glossary for bolded words in each chapter
– Full plot summary
– A bilingual word list
– Comprehension questions after each chapter.
As a result, you will be able to focus on enjoying reading, delighting in your improved range of vocabulary and grasp of the language, without ever feeling overwhelmed. From science fiction to fantasy, to crime and thrillers, Short Stories in Irish for Beginners will make learning Irish easy and enjoyable.
Use the code inside the book and ebook to access the free bonus story and the discounted audiobook edition on our Language Readers Library site (readers.teachyourself.com) or on the Language Readers app.